Neurology & Neurosurgery
We provide diagnosis and treatment of central and peripheral nervous system diseases (brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves) and with specialized studies in the functioning of the central and peripheral nervous system. We also offer you a surgical treatment for nervous system disorders (neurosurgery and spine)
Nerve conduction study
- Study of the nerve conduction of the hand, legs , the facial nerve and the radial nerve.
- Induced visual stress test: a test to evaluate the transmission of images that go from the retina to the brain. This test is used to study optic nerve diseases such as demyelinating diseases.
- Measurement of auditory responses to the brain stem.
EMG: Electromyogram (EMG) is a diagnostic procedure that evaluates the health condition of muscles & the verve cells that control them. These nerve cells are known as motor neurons. They transmit electrical signals that cause muscles to contract and relax:
- Muscle disorders.
- Muscular dystrophy.
- Muscle weakness.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
EEG: EEG is done to reveal the electrical activity of the brain
Indications for EEG (epilepsy, brain tumors, head injuries, encephalopathy, encephalitis, stroke, sleep disturbances, dementia, clinical brain death detection).
Transcranial Doppler (TCD): A special device to diagnose blood flow in the brain. This examination is considered as a prophylactic diagnosis of stroke.This test is done for children with sickle cell anemia that may cause strokes at an early age.The device is a key diagnosis and preventive from strokes. Detecting intracranial vascular problems, such as obstruction or bleeding, which is the leading cause of hemiplegia .Diagnosing cerebrovascular disorders non-invasively.
Carotid ultrasound Doppler: Doppler examination of the carotid artery to measure blood flow inside the artery next to the neck, which supplies blood to the head. Carotid ultrasound Doppler indications (TIA, certain types of stroke, if you have medical condition that increase the risk of stroke, including: High blood pressure, Diabetes and high cholesterol.
- Diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy.
- Early diagnosis and preventive treatment for stroke and disabilities resulting from stroke Diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders.
- Treatment of multiple sclerosis.
- Treatment of migraines and other types of headaches
- Treatment of peripheral nerve diseases.
- Diagnosis and treatment of dementia and memory related diseases.
- Treatment of diseases related to the spinal cord which causes movement and balance difficulties.
- Treatment of optic neuritis.
- Treatment of spinal cord dysfunction.
- Treatment of dystonia.
- Treatment of transient ischemic attack.
- Treatment of sciatica.
- Treatment of facial palsy.
- Botox injections to treat muscle spasticity
- Botox injections for hemifacial spasm
- Botox injections for cerebral palsy children
- Botox injections to treat migraines
- Botox injections for eyelid spasm and twitching treatment
- Spine surgeries
- Spin discectomy (cervical- thoracic- lumbar)
- Peripheral nerve surgeries
- V.P shunt Surgery
- Pain management producers for spine under local anesthesia fluoroscopy guided
- Brain tumor surgeries
- Head injury procedures